Windows 10 X is a new operating system that is specially designed for the dual-screen laptops and it will also be available for the traditional laptops. There are lots of new features in this operating system and it will provide a customized interface for all the devices. Windows 10 X is planning to install it on traditional laptops via third-party tools. It is expected that the look of this new operating system will be new for the users. Here, we will discuss the essential features of Microsoft Windows 10 X.
- Gestures: Windows 10 X operating system has also gestured just like the Windows 8. It means that if you want to open the Action Center, you will have to swipe from the right side. On the other hand, if you want to open the Start menu, you will have to swipe from the left side. These kinds of gestures will also work on the touchpad screens of the laptops.
- Action Center: There is a new and a quick action centre in Windows 10 X. If there are new notifications to you, this activity centre will expand its size. If you want to make any kind of setting, the setting toggle is easily available to you. It means that you don’t need to find setting app for it. You can also control some other things with the help of this activity centre. In these things, there comes brightness, volume, percentage of the battery and power options etc.
- Compose Mode: There is also a new feature in Windows 10 X and this feature is known as composing mode. With the help of this compose mode, it is possible for you to switch the taskbar to a more traditional taskbar. With the help of this compose mode, it is also easy for the users to use the keyboard easily.
- Set Up Experience: Windows 10 X is also providing a new setup for the users and this setup will provide a modern look and feel to the users. With the help of this setup experience, it is also easy for you to select the correct language, sign-in and region etc. According to an assignment writing service, in this new setup, you will see that Microsoft has removed the Cortana.
- Dynamic Wallpaper: Windows 10 X is also providing dynamic wallpaper to the users. It means that this dynamic wallpaper has the ability to change the content of your device on the basis of the time and geo-location. For example, if you are using Mountain View wallpaper, it will change its look in the morning, noon, evening and night.
- Apps: Lots of apps will be preinstalled in Windows 10 X. Some essential apps that will be preinstalled in Windows 10 X are Microsoft Store, Mail, Calendar, Movies app, Groove music, Weather and Notepad etc.
- Lock Screen: Windows 10 X is also providing a new look to the lock screen of your laptop. Its reason is that it is introducing a new lock screen with authentication options. It means that you will never be able to dismiss the lock screen without providing the login details. Therefore, you can set your PIN or password. Moreover, you can also add your photo on the lock screen.
- Taskbar: It will provide different taskbar options on different devices. For example, if you have installed it on the traditional laptops, it will provide a traditional look to the taskbars. On the other hand, if you have installed it on the foldable devices, it will provide a touch-friendly interface to the users. On the traditional laptops, Windows 10 X will provide left-aligned taskbar and on the dual-screen devices, this taskbar will be aligned in the centre. Anyhow, it will also allow you to change the position of the taskbar icons on all the devices.
Price of Microsoft Windows 10 X:
There are three different prices of Windows 10 X. if you want to buy Windows 10 X for personal use or household use, you will have to pay $139. Its license will be available for one PC only. Secondly, if you want to buy it for a small business or you want to enhance the functionality of this Window, you will have to pay $199.99. Its license will also be available just for one PC. Thirdly, if you are an advanced user and you want to buy its pro package, you will have to pay $309. Its license will also be available for one user only. This is known as the best operating system for dual-screen laptops. Anyhow, traditional laptops can also use it.